Lake Bella Vista
Login | Register
About Us
LBV Community Map
Our Sponsors
Contact Us
Board Members
Small Lake Sub Committee
Rules and Restrictions
Photo Album
Community Links
Water Quality and Operations



  • chevron_rightAre above ground pools allowed in Lake Bella Vista?
    No.  LBV Resolution #88-05 states in part: "Above ground pools are not to be approved."
  • chevron_rightCan I install a fence?
    The only fencing allowed in Lake Bella Vista is decorative fencing in conjunction with landscaping. There are limits to the size, type, and length of the fencing. You must apply for architectural approval before installing fencing. No wire-type fencing or chain-link fencing is allowed.
  • chevron_rightDo I need Architectural Approval for landscaping?
    The LBV Architectural Control Committee does not review landscaping plans, unless the plans include man-made structures (i.e. decorative fencing, retaining walls, etc.) There is no approval needed for just planting trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a boat launch gate key?
    Lake Bella Vista is a private lake and not open to the general public. There is only one boat launch for the lake. Card Keys are issued only to residents who own a watercraft. You must register your watercraft with the LBV Office and purchase the $10 non-refundable card-key. The watercraft must be owned and registered to the resident – no watercraft owned by others (i.e. friends, family, etc) are allowed on Lake Bella Vista. You must also be able to provide proof of residency. Tenants must provide a copy of their lease.  
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a key for the Tennis Courts?
    You can purchase a key from the LBV office and be able to prove residency. There is a refundable $10 fee for the key. 
  • chevron_rightI want to put an addition onto my house – what do I need to do?
    You must provide plans to the LBV Architectural Control Committee for approval prior to submitting to Cannon Township for a building permit. The plans must include a site plan indicating the size and elevation of the addition and the distance from the property set-back lines. The addition must match the existing siding and roofing.
  • chevron_rightThe storm sewer drain is plugged?
    Call the Kent County Drain Commission at 336-3688.
  • chevron_rightWhat do association dues cover?
    The Association dues cover the expenses of the Association.  The following is a partial list of Association expenses:  
    •  Maintenance of the two lakes: Lake Bella Vista & North Lake Bella Vista (electricity & maintenance for irrigation wells, Lake Management Engineering, chemical weed/algae treatment and harvesting of lakes, etc.)
    •  Maintenance of the Dam located at the west end of Lake Bella Vista (annual inspections and yearly maintenance)
    •  Maintenance of 21 Lake Bella Vista Parks (lawn mowing, beach cleaning, upkeep and improvement on park amenities, etc.)
    •  Community Spring yard waste pickup & Fall leaf pickup, street sweeping in the Spring & Fall, Community Spring Yard Sales advertising & promotion, Halloween patrols by the Kent County Sheriff’s Dept., etc.
    •  Half of the cost of the salaries & expenses of the Lake Bella Vista Improvement Assoc. office (the remaining half paid from Water billings)
    • Special projects as determined by the Board of Directors (example: we added playground equipment to Vista De Oro Park in the Spring of 2004)
    •  Enforcement of the Covenants & Deed Restrictions

      A portion of the Dues is also set aside each year for the Asset Replacement Program.  This program is designed to save for future replacement of the major assets of the Association. For example, in the summer of 2008, the Tennis Courts were refurbished and the motor of the large lake irrigation well at the Dam was replaced from Asset funds and no additional costs were assessed from the property owners. 
  • chevron_rightWhere does my water come from?
    Lake Bella Vista has its own private water system. The water comes from three potable wells. It is treated with chemicals, including fluoride, similar to other municipal water systems. Tests are done on a regular basis and the water system is maintained in compliance with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality as mandated by the Federal Drinking Water Act.
  • chevron_rightWho do I call regarding a broken or malfunctioning street light?
     Consumers energy can be contacted at 1-800-477-5050 or at their  website
  • chevron_rightWho do I call regarding dogs/cats running loose or barking dogs?
    Call the Kent County Animal Control at 616-336-3210.
  • chevron_rightWho do I call regarding speeding traffic, illegal parking, abandoned or unlicensed cars?
    Call the Kent County Sheriff's Department at 616-632-6100.
  • chevron_rightWho maintains the streets in Lake Bella Vista?
    The streets are under the jurisdiction of the Kent County Road Commission. They are responsible for snow plowing in the winter and repairing and repaving as needed. Their number is 242-6900.